Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 1 & 2 - OKC to Scotland

Leave OKC @ 10:25 AM (Saturday) - Arrive Houston @ 11:52 AM

Leave Houston @ 2:30PM - Arrive New York / Newark @ 7:31 PM

Leave New York @ 10:15PM -Arrive in Edinburgh @ 10:00 AM (Sunday)

Leave Edinburgh @ 5:50PM - Arrive in Kirkwall, Scotland @ 7:50PM
~~~~~~~~~~


Finally made it to the Orkney Islands!
Wow... it's been a long two days. I ate seafood in Newark and was sick during the entire flight to Edinburgh. It's not a good idea to eat big before an overseas trip.
When we arrived in Edinburgh our cousin Pat met us at the airport and took us to eat lunch in a small town outside of Edinburgh called Cotslin. Afterwards we drove over to Rosslyn Chapel. I was still feeling a bit puny and was not much company, nor interested in taking photos.
They drove me back to the airport and I boarded my flight to Orkney.
After I landed and walked outside of the small airport I soon remembered that Orkney is a place that is never in a hurry. I immediately felt myself winding down to slow motion. I waited about 20 minutes for a cab to come out and pick me up and drive me to the Lynnfield Hotel.



The Restaurant has a whisky theme to its décor, which is appropriate since the hotel is very close to Highland Park distillery.

It has been a very long two days.

No comments: