Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 3 - Kirkwall, Scotland

Feeling Great!


I woke up this morning feeling great. I slept well and adjusted to the time change. I now feel as if I am on Scotland time.

I took a taxi to the Orkney Museum and was able to see all the artifacts I've seen in the various archaeology books I've read over time. It's amazing how different they looked in real life.
Afterwards I toured the ruins of the Earl's Palace as well as the Bishop's Palace. I walked over the the St. Magnus Cemetery to take a few photos. I didn't stay long since that was scheduled to be the first day of my archaology tour with Caz Mamwell.


The highlight of my day was my visit to Ola Gorie Jewelry to see my friend Karoline. She looked as beautiful as I remembered her last year. We talked for a bit and then I purchased the Kells earrings I've had my eyes on for some time. We agreed to meet up later in the week.

Ola Gorie Jewelry shop. http://olagorieshop.com/

My dinner that night back at the Lynnfield was fantastic! The entire staff treated me like royalty.



No comments: